With so many styles of vaping and device choices on the market, it can be confusing for the consumer to understand what is the ideal temperature to vape at. Depending on the compounds they are vaping, different guidelines apply. As the vape vendor, having a handle on optimal vape temp practices can help you recommend the right devices for your customers. Here’s our crash course on the optimal vaping temperatures for various styles of vaping.
Best Temperature to Vape E-Juice
First off, what does vape juice consist of? All e-liquids basically have the same general composition of nicotine, VG, PG, water, and flavorings. A wide range of devices are used to vape e-liquid, including e-cigs, pod mods, box mods, disposable devices and more.
Each and every vaper will ultimately have their own vaping preferences and routines, especially if they’re more advanced users. However, the following general vaping temperature guidelines are crucial to understand:
- 212-482 °F is the usual temperature range for vaporizing e-juice.
- 212-300 °F should most likely be avoided as it will result in weak, tasteless vapor.
- 300 °F is an ideal starting point and is still considered a low temperature for vaping e-liquids.
- 390-420 °F is in the center of the sweet spot range, The top end of this (420 °F) produces a cool/smooth yet potent impact.
- If there isn’t enough heat for your customer’s taste, the 420-450 °F range provides a more substantial and warm hit.
- Beyond 450 °F, e-juice will lose the majority of its flavor. It may even taste burned and cause coughing, especially with low quality devices.
As a general rule of thumb, the best taste is unlocked at low to mid temperature levels. These guidelines also apply for the best temperatures for vaping CBD juice. For discerning customers looking for increased precision in vape temp, temperature control devices are recommended.
Best Temperature to Vape THC Oil
THC Oil follows the same general temperature guidelines as traditional e-juice.
- 212-482 °F is the typical range to enjoy THC oil.
- Below 212 °F produces underwhelming taste and weak vapor.
- Like with e-liquid, start at 300 °F mark and work your way up if you prefer more heat
- Just be careful when approaching the 450 °F mark to avoid burnt, harsh hits
Best Temp to Vape Wax
Wax concentrates have a completely different composition from oil and thus require higher temperatures to vaporize. The lowest temp that is recommended to vape wax is generally listed as 315 °F. Customers are usually advised to select a vape device that can reach at least 450 °F.
Within the range of 315 °F – 450 °F range, a happy middle-ground can be achieved between a more refreshing and a more intense taste. 360°F is often recommended as the ideal temperature. Vaping at too low a temperature results in weak, tasteless vapor but vaping at too high a temperature destroys the psychoactive compounds in THC and results in a thin taste as well.
Best Temp to Dry Herb Vape
When vaping dry herb, a typically recommended range is 370 °F to 380 °F. Vaping towards the higher end of this spectrum increases the effects of CBD and THC. It is also important to note that increasing the temperature to 430 °F mark towards the end of the session allows one to inhale and enjoy the remaining THC and CBD compounds.
So there you have it, the VaporBeast vaping temperatures guide. We hope this allows you to better inform your customers on best vaping practices. For any additional questions about relevant products and wholesale, please contact our support team. We look forward to hearing from you!